Sunset Over Brooklyn ~ two years on


A sunset - an end of day - over Brooklyn.

In 28 days I will be moving out of the building I have lived in (photo is from my window) since I was tempest-tossed into Brooklyn exactly 2 years ago today.

Yet another new life awaits as I move to Harlem in Manhattan, to share a home with none other than T. Remington, of Anomaly Works NYC fame. We have been doing the Two Borough Shuffle, jumping back and forth from island to island, sharing life and art together, for about 21 months.
A new neighborhood for me to explore and learn, with Central Park two blocks away from the front door, and the Cathedral of St.John the Divine a few blocks away.

The plan between now and then is for both of us to rid ourselves of as many unnecessary earthly posessions as possible, y'know: "stuff", so that we may comfortably share the somewhat small quarters of the rent-stabilized apartment that Tammy has been in for the past 10 years. Then we save money so that down the road, in a year+ or so, we can find a perfect place and share a new sun rising over Brooklyn.

In the meantime I will maintain this blog. The first entry was 7 July 2010.
I will let it twist, turn, rattle and plunge ahead like a subway train.
My relationship with Brooklyn, which I have grown to love, and all of NYC around it, continues. If you think I'm abandoning this borough forever - Fuggedaboutit!

---------------------------------------
Doin' The Brooklyn YoYo . . .
I was born in Manhattan and moved to Brooklyn when I was 11.
I left Brooklyn when I was about 15, with my family, for Parkchester in The Bronx. 
Eventually I lived in Pittsburgh, Chicago, Manhattan ~ and back to Brooklyn, again.
I left Brooklyn in the mid-1980s for Vermont.
By 2008 the return ached with inevitability, which guided my CD compilation Going To New York City.
I came back in 2010.
I will leave Brooklyn in 2012.
I will be back.
First I'll take Manhattan, then I'll take Brook-lyn.
----------------------------------------

These Are The Days, indeed.

Comments