Who needs to travel to foreign lands?!

In August of 2010, 6 weeks after moving back to NYC I went for a bike ride through the area of Bushwick, Brooklyn, where I grew up from around age 10 to 15.  (Here is that post.)

Returned yesterday, by subway, to the old neighborhood. The weather was crisp but sunny beautiful, the company was excellent (my art/life partner Tammy), the wonders plentiful.

We walked around the neighborhood - a photo-op at 243 Covert Street where I lived, and then strolling the one mile I used to walk to the see double features at the Ridgewood Theater, now abandoned for many years.
 

This adventure involved crossing the invisible line from Brooklyn into Queens and into the discount store world of Myrtle Avenue - where Xmas consumption is in full swing. Here are some photos from along the way.


My corna.
Covert Street




click on images to enlarge
243 Covert Street






Faded gumballs (good name for a band).






Comments