The November Of My Years


The leg injury in early 2017, followed by pinched nerve pain in 2018, both of which seriously affected my ability to walk, for the first time suggested to me that perhaps I was not indestructible.
A good run I'm told; 65 years without any surgeries, no major diseases. And at the moment the mobility is back up and the pain is down.

Everybody knows they'll get old as much as they know they'll get wet when they walk into the ocean. It is a very different thing once you're shoulder deep and the waves start coming in.

It was a struggle in 2018 to create my annual art for the Burning Man event, and the photo montage work I had been doing for decades seemed to stagnate and visual art in general felt unsatisfying.
My first creative calling from the time I was a teenager was to write, and I have gone back to exploring that. In October 2018 I wrote one short sketch a day, creating what a friend called"...a patchwork quilt of word blocks - different yet connected", which felt very gratifying. You can read "Heliocentric" HERE
And so I begin December with another month-long PatchWord Quilt.™®

NUMEROLOGY - December 2018 - The November of My Years

The whole getting old thing led to this playful numerological concoction.
I figure making an 80 year visit to this planet and spending time with its damaged human species is a plenty good goal to aim for. Harold's friend Maude had it essentially right, with my footnote to consider an extension based on good health.
80 Years, split into 12 (as in months) = 6.67.  When I reached 66.7, in early August, I entered, to paraphrase Frank Sinatra, the November of My Years. I best get writing.

Comments