eMail Stamps (Faux Postage)

 These stamps don't need lickin'.

Save your tongue for something else.

Mail art was/is a populist artistic movement centered on sending small-scale works through the postal service. I'll leave the history and inevitable hierarchization to the hagiographers. There are many.  I was extremely active in the international network between the mid 1970s and the mid 80s, corresponding with creative spirits all around the world. (It was my great good fortune to meet many of these artists in 1986 when I traveled extensively through England, Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Germany, Greece, and what was then Yugoslavia). 
Creating sheets of faux postage stamps was one of many ways I communicated with friends in the network during those years. 
Having converted to working digitally over the past two decades, I have continued this tradition of designing sheets of stamps that often serve to celebrate certain individuals. 
Here is that collection.

please click > HERE < to see 'em all 














Comments